[DeTomaso] Paint code for the Argent Silver used on the Campy wheels

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 20:06:15 EDT 2020

Larry,

We took Lori’s wheels to a pro wheel refinisher to have them powdercoated. He explained that because they are two-piece wheels with a center welded to the hoop, there are small cavities in the weld containing air. Air expands under the heat of powdercoating and can lead to cracks in the welds. If they were one-piece forged it would be a different story.

So like us, if you want to upgrade your wheels finish, you will have to have them painted too.

Mike

Sent from my iPad