[DeTomaso] Installing AC - Need the Full BOM

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Wed Jun 3 16:22:45 EDT 2020

The original flare fitting that you have that are frozen tight is for a good reason. They will actually need no servicing and there is not a lot of refurbishing to do besides flushing or total replacement. In many cases with the Pantera A/C  System, less is the best approach. All the A/C people will urge you to convert to O-Rings and recommend PAG oil, please resist the advice. We use mostly the original hoses and Evaporator with a new 134 rated evaporator valve, and Ester 100 oil that can take a minimal amount of R-12 mineral oil cross contamination from the condenser and Evaporator units. Flare fittings are forever and are tricky to get sealed, so most A/C guys will swear by O-ring fittings that have limited lifespans but are simple to install and never leak for 5 years. These Pantera's are going to be around much longer than we are, so be a good caretaker with what you do.
Larry Stock