[DeTomaso] Installing Edelbrock Carb

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 15:00:23 EDT 2020

All,

I second Chuck’s recommendation of Competition Carburetion located in Nevada.

Prior to carburetor selection on my new 404 stroker Cleveland I contacted Bob Oliver for advice on selecting a new Holley carburetor, as I had won my choice of their offerings in a Fun Rally raffle.

For my needs we selected the 670 CFM Street Avenger and I sent it to him, with the specifics of my engine build, for blueprinting. Bob did nothing radical to the carburetor but did say that his testing showed a flow rate of 710 CFM after blueprinting.

At the engine’s dyno testing the operator said he generally did not like Holley carburetors as they often failed to respond to standard tuning and adjustment protocol.

He found that was not the case with my blueprinted carburetor, as he did several jet changes with expected results. Despite his long-held concerns he said he was pleased with its performance.

My 2¢

Larry