[DeTomaso] Transaxle - Lost reverse gear

steve at snclocks.com steve at snclocks.com
Wed Jul 15 23:34:02 EDT 2020

Turns out the 6 mm pin that engages the reverse fork went walk about.
Dennis sent me 5 photos - check them out in my Pantera gallery:
https://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Autos/1973-Pantera-Detomaso-5332/
i-QCRq22Z  At least it was not my being unable to adjust the linkage.  Whew.

Question - previously Dennis installed at 0.62 5th gear.  From day one, and
right through 15K miles, it whined.  The other 4 gears are quiet.  Do any of
you have an RBT 0.62 -  can you comment on how  quiet yours is?

Stephen Nelson

360-210-7295

Please note - I do not send or receive texts, but I do try to hear the phone
when it rings, unless I am under a car or working in the wood shop.  Or at
the gym.  e-mail is the best way to make sure I will find your message!