[DeTomaso] HELP- tach bezel removal??

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jul 5 20:04:10 EDT 2020

Maybe a little heat?  Hair dryer or heat gun?

Caution though,  if it's a pretty hard metal and brittle, it could break.  There's always risk.

Asa  Jay

⁣Asa Jay Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired
Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks​

On Jul 5, 2020, 13:27, at 13:27, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>All,
>
>Having failed to find chromed replacement bezels for the tach and
>speedo  I want to remove the bezels and have them chromed.

>They are retained with six tabs folded around the back side. The steel
>they are made from is surprisingly rigid and normal approach with thin
>blade screwdrivers is accomplishing nothing - I can’t even get a corner
>of the tabs to begin to bend upwards. Of course there is a limit as to
>how much force one wants to use considering the glass lens.
>
>Have any of you been there and done that and how did you get the bezel
>tabs bent to allow removal??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry
>
>Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.

>To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
>use the links above.

>message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
>list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive
>or approve the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------
   Maybe a little heat?A  Hair dryer or heat gun?

   Caution though,A  if it's a pretty hard metal and brittle, it could
   break.A  There's always risk.

   AsaA  Jay

   Asa Jay Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired

   Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

   On Jul 5, 2020, at 13:27, Larry Finch via DeTomaso

All,
Having failed to find chromed replacement bezels for the tach and speedo  I want
 to remove the bezels and have them chromed.

They are retained with six tabs folded around the back side. The steel they are
made from is surprisingly rigid and normal approach with thin blade screwdrivers
 is accomplishing nothing - I canat even get a corner of the tabs to begin to be
nd upwards. Of course there is a limit as to how much force one wants to use con
sidering the glass lens.
Have any of you been there and done that and how did you get the bezel tabs bent
 to allow removal??
Thanks,
Larry

nks above.
Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p