[DeTomaso] Radiator

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 23:28:29 EST 2020

IMHO you will get more cooling with any aluminum radiator because they typically use 4X size tubes inside. Copper radiators cannot use such huge inner tubes so their water flow & heat transfer is limited. I recommend an aluminum  Fluidyne which is a drop in replacement, weighs less than half the stock unit and holds more water. It MUST be handled carefully as soft aluminum strips threads easily and coolant MUST be kept around pH 12.  'No-Rosion' additive is often included with aluminum radiators from vendors. Some local tap water is as acidic as soda pop and will wreck a new aluminum rad in weeks. I don't think Ford, GM or Chrysler has used a brass rad, even in trucks, in this century.

The Fluidyne can also be leaned fwd for convenience in working on a far more efficient shrouded sucker fan system like the Flexilite. Our Fluidyne/Flexilite combo has done outstanding duty since 1995 and still doesn't leak. From city driving , desert cruising to full-on open track. Worked for me- J DeRyke