[DeTomaso] Parts List & Sources for Pantera AC Installation

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Wed Jan 29 14:44:22 EST 2020

Mike

I DO NOT Recommend the front mounted Condenser. Originally I worked with Gary Hall on the concept, but have since have come to hate the idea that I had in the first place. Maybe an OK idea if you have 180 headers, but then you probably shouldn't be running AC on a race car anyway.

Most AC guys are using O-Rings since they are easier, but in our case only a temporary solution. Flare fittings are forever if you know how to get them to seal up. Only the OLD AC guys like me have the finesse to work with flare fittings. We can make up O-Ring hoses and Condensers, but everything we make for stock is flare fittings. Besides the evaporator in the dash is a flare fitting unit. Pantera Condensers are about 3X the size they need to be and they don't get in the way of the cooling air to the radiator and they don't absorb all the radiator heat when parked so you don't have all the blowing hot air when you first start the Pantera before you can drive 45 MPH and get some cold air through the condenser, it's instant cold.

You don't need to change all the hoses, the original mineral oil in a R12 system actually seals up the hose pores so they won't leak R134. I typically only change the one High pressure hose coming off the pump to the condenser. I DO NOT Recommend the standard PAG oils. These seem to be everyone's down fall. Again most AC shops work with PAG oil systems and O-Rings. The PAG oil does not work with the slightest mineral oil contamination and precipitates globs that will eventually clog the whole system. We use Ester 100 oils that are compatible with mineral oil systems and are far less hazardous to handle.

We will do what you want, but why do more than you need to. Just don't mess it up with PAG Oil.
Larry Stock