[DeTomaso] Fidanza Aluminum flywheels $185 on ebay

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 19:39:07 EST 2020

That’s a great deal. I have one in my car.

Be advised that the holes for the pressure plate aren’t countersunk deep enough. The shoulder of the bolts will bottom out in the hole before the pressure plate is tight against the flywheel—no bueno.

It is a matter of a few minutes to set it up in a drill press and drill the countersink holes just a bit deeper. Works perfectly after that and the price is right especially here!

The friction surface is painted green. I don’t know why. I washed it off with lacquer thinner before assembly so it was bare metal, as you would ordinarily expect. There must be some reason they paint it—could it be that it helps break-in? Or are you supposed to remove it, as I did?

Mike

Sent from my iPad