[DeTomaso] 4,000 pound Mustang???

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 14:59:12 EST 2020

Was reading this:

Betting on the Ponies: Mustang GT500 versus Camaro ZL1 1LE

|  |  |

|  |
Betting on the Ponies: Mustang GT500 versus Camaro ZL1 1LE

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with 760 horsepower faces off against the 650-hp Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE.

How did the Mustang get so heavy, and only 18 MPG highway?  I thought the new engines were efficient?  I thought highway mileage was cruising at 65 to 70?  Is their mileage really that lousy?
Ken