[DeTomaso] Pantera audio predicament

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Feb 18 14:49:24 EST 2020

Dear Forum,

                 My ancient AM/FM/cassette no longer plays cassettes and,
therefore, the cassette-MP3 adaptor doesn't work and I am left with the
radio.   I expect to drive from Oklahoma City to Phoenix and road tunes in
the vast expanse of the great American Southwest would be good.

                 The nearby car stereo shop knows Panteras and offered what
I wanted, but the modern units require cutting the dash to fit.  I was told
that the "chassis" size of the Pantera is no longer manufactured.  Sigh.

                  I was not keen on cutting the dash.  They offered the
option of a company that services the owners of classic and vintage
vehicles,  Custom Auto Sound,   https://customautosoundmfg.com/ .   They
offer stereos that fit and have the required functions.  They look a bit
retro, but I do think that they could work aesthetically and sonically.

                 Anyone have any recommendations for my conundrum?  Oh, and
no Bluetooth and no smarty phone.

                          Curious,  Chuck Engles