[DeTomaso] Sold '73 4847

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:43:26 EST 2020

Looks like Tom sold his Pantera. The description indicated it squeaked a
little and after riding in it once, you really couldn't hear it.  Flawless
car and great driver. Someone is extremely happy.

 THPNMS04847
*https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/madison-1973-detomaso-pantera-sold/7248633772.html
<https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/madison-1973-detomaso-pantera-sold/7248633772.html>*

1973 DeTomaso Pantera-SOLD - $85,000 (MADISON)
image 1 of 21
[image: 1]

<https://images.craigslist.org/01616_8o0ciYR5igJ_0qA0ky_600x450.jpg>
<https://images.craigslist.org/00B0B_i3W0lMz3BEP_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg>
100% reliable performance...and the exhaust note!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66XU2NDKX4
$85,000
I have had the Pantera since 1986…bought at The Fine Car Store off
Rosecrans in San Diego (when I was flying Tomcats at Miramar). It was my
first (special) car and now shares the garage with a BMW 850i, SL55 AMG,
Hennessey modified/Comptech supercharged 1991 NSX, and my 2006 Tungsten
Grey Ford GT. Ford 351C, ZF 5-speed transaxle USED NOT ABUSED, I drove it
solo from San Diego to Florida in 36:15. She has 78,100 miles on her now
and it has been PAINLESS to own. I did a breaker-less ignition conversion
about 25 years ago and just drive it regularly. 100% RELIABLE! Southern
California legend, Donnie Araki, used to do the work/tune-ups when I was in
San Diego because he just loved the car. I have done regular maintenance
and have refreshed/repainted a significant (2/3) of the paint so it is
essentially perfect. I fixed any flaws that showed up in the old lead work,
etc… The car needs nothing and should not need anything in the foreseeable
future. I guess I would redo the suspension bushings (as they squeak some)
but it is not critical…but again it runs and drives flawlessly. This is not
a collected/museum piece BUT it is a "Cars & Coffee" show car and presents
itself as an excellent example of the mark. Unfortunately, I lost most/all
of the Pantera paperwork in a house fire years ago. I have the updated the
seats and wheels (to highly prized Pantera East 17"Campagnola-clone wheels
by Boyd Coddington) and still have the original seats (they were
re-upholstered in San Diego in the 80s) and the original Campagnola wheels.
I have not had to do anything since I put in a Mallory Unilite breakerless
distributor module and a high torque mini starter… regular maintenance and
keep her on a trickle charger and she always fires up and goes.
Upgrades: Tires: 235/40ZR17 and 315/35ZR17 Wheels: Campagnolo “clones”
(Pantera East wheels made for Marino Perna by Boyd Coddington) 17X8 &
17X11; Holley carburetor, Milodon aluminum waterpump; Jet Hot coated
headers with “off road” exhaust Long & Newman vented hood and air dam; Rear
deck spoiler; Custom two-tone seats; Goodrich stainless steel brake lines;
Porterfield R4-S brake pads; Hall Pantera adjustable rear strut brace; and
Paint by