[DeTomaso] Red Mangusta

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:07:29 EST 2020

Thanks Scott !

Yes 604 is the car I am looking for.

Insights ?  You mean why am I here ?
I was sent pics of a recent advert, but the sender didn't know the VIN.
I knew I had seen numerous photos before, but memory could not place it.
I corrected why the search results did not include the car.  A previous
person did not specify enough detail...
I'd say it qualifies as "modified-body", and the rear piece would be a (low) wing.
A wing on a Mangusta... this is likely the only car with that, thus I searched
for either wing or spoiler.

I will add the recent photos soon.  Registry details & photos go back years on this car,
covering several owners, and locations (Vermont for example).
The modified-body like features (air scoops) were added more recently.
Apparently the hood had lots of louvers, but that seemed to changed some time ago.

Do you know this car ?

Thanks so much for your ID.  It bugs me when memory knows, but I can't exactly place it.

Just feeling old.  I need to get back to my regular hiking routine like Pre-Pan.

But with the new lock-down...I don't go out, not even to the Registry Bunker (office).

Unlike our Governor Newsom, who goes out for $ 850 plate dinners (and thousands more for drinks),
with no mask, no safe distance, and not even outdoors !

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

The VIN is 8MA604. Do you have any insight on this ‘goose?

Thanks,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone