[DeTomaso] Pedestal-puck-puck-mount or Pedestal-puck-mount-puck ?

Mike Becker mikebecker679 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:30:10 EDT 2020

Ok Experts,
What is the correct configuration for the engine mount pucks?  Attached is a
picture of my engine which has always had the setup as
pedestal-puck-mount-pedestal, but I always questioned the puck being on
top-side of the engine mount (it doesn't seem to serve any purpose in that
position).  But I've seen other cars with the same odd configuration.  The
tech manual, also attached, clearly shows both pucks go in between the
pedestal and engine mount.  Which is the correct configuration?
Mike Becker - 1741, San Diego