[DeTomaso] Carburator

Erik Kolstoe ekolstoe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:19:49 EDT 2020

That is pretty slick!

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM Larry Weston <lplugw at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    I have had a machinist buddy make two of these so far.
>
>    He machines both sides of a 1/2" phenolic spacer evenly to a taper
>    which levels the carb, which in both cases relieved air cleaner
>    interference with the engine cover.
>
>    image1.jpeg
>    Sent from my iPhone
>    On Aug 26, 2020, at 6:41 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso
>    <[1]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>
>    The solid center section engine covers aren't raised. They are exactly
>    the same height at the back. The front sticks up a bit relative to the
>    mesh screens but that's not really relevant. The air cleaner is higher
>    at the rear because of the slope of the intake pad and the height at
>    the rear is the same.
>    Mike
>    Sent from my iPhone
>
>      On Aug 26, 2020, at 15:03, Dennis Valdez via DeTomaso
>      <[2]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>
>       Erik,
>
>       I'll check and report back
>
>       Dennis Valdez
>
>         On Aug 26, 2020, at 8:56 AM, Erik Kolstoe <[3]ekolstoe at gmail.com>
>
>         wrote:
>
>       Ahh yes. Your's is a 74 with the raised engine cover. Mine is a
>      Pre-L
>
>       and sits much lower. What size is the spacer? 1/4 or 1/2"?
>
>       On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:55 PM Dennis Valdez via DeTomaso
>
>       <[1][4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>
>            My car has the stock Manifold. The original Motorcraft carb
>      was
>
>            replaced with an Edelbrock 650cfm Thunder Series 1806. There
>      is
>
>         an
>
>            adapter used and the stock air cleaner does fit under the
>      engine
>
>            cover.
>
>            Cheers, Dennis
>
>            [cid:F17DA68A-7485-4F23-B24D-216CFB8C64C0-L0-001]
>
>            Dennis Valdez
>
>              On Aug 23, 2020, at 5:04 PM, fred
>      <[2][5]fred at creekspeak.com>
>
>         wrote:
>
>              Is there a modern carburetor  that will fit on a stock 351
>
>         intake
>
>              manifold? Please  email me. Thanks,  Fred
>
>              Sent from Samsung tablet.

>            [3][6]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

>            To manage your subscription (change email address,
>      unsubscribe,
>
>         etc.)
>
>            use the links above.
>
>            Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
>
>         forward any
>
>            message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
>
>         the
>
>            list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
>
>         archive
>
>            or approve the archiving of list messages.

>         [5][8]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

>         To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
>
>         etc.) use the links above.
>
>         Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
>      forward

> [...]
-------------- next part --------------
   That is pretty slick!

   On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM Larry Weston <[1]lplugw at hotmail.com>
   wrote:

     A  A I have had a machinist buddy make two of these so far.
     A  A He machines both sides of a 1/2" phenolic spacer evenly to a
     taper
     A  A which levels the carb, which in both cases relieved air cleaner
     A  A interference with the engine cover.
     A  A image1.jpeg
     A  A Sent from my iPhone
     A  A On Aug 26, 2020, at 6:41 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso