[DeTomaso] Carburator

Erik Kolstoe ekolstoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:27:20 EDT 2020

I agree with Barry. Just went through this on my car. You need an adapter
plate which pushes the carb up and  it will now interfere with the engine
cover. I don't believe there is anything on the market that will match
those large secondaries. It can be done if you don't mind losing the
engine cover.

Or, you can go aftermarket, like an Edlebrock, lose about 40 lbs of
weight,  have better flow and performance. You can even paint it blue to
match the rest of the engine.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 3:59 PM Richard Greenblum <
richard at richardgreenblum.com> wrote:

> And, I believe all Holley spreadbores (4175s) are based on GM carbs, not
> 4300s, and won't fit the FoMoCo manifold.  I think you have to replace the
> manifold or find an adapter.
>
> Richard
> Austin, TX 78759

-------------- next part --------------
   I agree with Barry. Just went through this on my car. You need an
   adapter plate which pushes the carb up andA  it will now interfere with
   the engine cover. I don't believeA there is anything on the market that
   will match those large secondaries. It can be done if you don't mind
   losing the engineA cover.
   Or, you canA go aftermarket, like an Edlebrock, lose about 40 lbs of
   weight,A  have better flow and performance. You can even paint it blue
   to match the rest of the engine.A

   On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 3:59 PM Richard Greenblum
     And, I believe all Holley spreadbores (4175s) are based on GM carbs,
     not
     4300s, and won't fit the FoMoCo manifold.A  I think you have to
     replace the
     manifold or find an adapter.
     Richard
     Austin, TX 78759