[DeTomaso] Carburator

oldwheel at shaw.ca oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 25 18:53:49 EDT 2020

Hi Fred,

The original 1970 Cleveland 4V cast iron intakes had four equal sized bores
(square bore) and many Holley carbs will fit on them. As far as I know, all
the stock 4V & Cobra-jet manifolds from 1971 on have a spread bore pattern (
two small primary bores and two huge secondaries) which is a unique bore
pattern to the Ford Motorcraft 4300 carbs and nothing else fits them at all.
GM made Rochester Quadrajet carbs which are a similar design, but don't fit
our Ford manifolds and any adapter plate top make them fit would be
ridiculously difficult and cumbersome.

Barry