[DeTomaso] Holes in the seat belt retractor plates looks a lot larger than needed?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 11:40:07 EDT 2020

I want use the plates that bolt onto the inner rocker without the belt retractor. just bolt the belt end inside.  When metal repair was done by the prior owner, rectangular tubing was welded inside the rocker panels and there isn't room for the retractors.  I was looking at it last night, and the holes in the plate are much larger than needed for 8M bolts.

Were there special washers on these bolts, or were some kind of a shoulder bolt used with a very shallow shoulder (this doesn't make much sense).
Thanks