[DeTomaso] Difficulty starting the Pantera...

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 19:44:14 EDT 2020

 Hahaha!  No less reliable than an MSD, although that's not saying much these days. Arguably more reliable as I've only ever had 1 module fail, and that was the original module. Mallory has redesigned the modules which makes them much more robust than they used to be.  This Unilite came from Dennis Quella - he 'curved' it for the Pantera.
Anyway, this is a newer issues.  My car has had the Mallory and EIS ignition for years, yet this is a newer issue.
Distributor: Mallory UniliteIgnition: PE EIS with Fuse Panel: PE ATO Fuse PanelIgnition Switch: Entire assembly (electrical and mechanical) replaced with new components within the last 6-10 years
Tonight I'll test the battery voltage under load while cranking and report back.