[DeTomaso] Adjusting door tips??

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Mon Aug 17 12:51:55 EDT 2020

You may remember that Marlon Jack posted up a pretty comprehensive discussion about reworking the hinge pins if you feel that is a contributor to the problem....

It wasn't a simple task - you had to push the pins out with a big hydraulic press (while supporting he hinge body), then ream the holes, then press in a new pin - I believe there were other efforts in there as well (or maybe just machinist tricks).

	- I was able to find a "better" hinge when my detent stopped working - that was better (easier) than hinge surgery.

Once you get your doors aligned - do the "roll pin" trick to support any future realignment needs -  Drill a small hole through the hinge into the car body on both sides of the hinge, then insert a small roll pin for precision alignment.

I wrote an article for the POCA Newsletter - probably published in ~ Dec 2019?

You probably knew all this, and it's not even the question you asked, but....  I am posting this for posterity, and to add to the knowledge base.

Chuck