[DeTomaso] Straightening Radiator Condenser Fins

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:46:38 EDT 2020

Rob and I were real ambitious having registered for the event at Watkins
Glen two weeks previous.  Unfortunately the New York quarantine
squashed that experience.

I was told RA makes an effort to downplay incident reports.  While it may
be a draw for the spectators, it discourages racers from bringing out the
race cars.  And our entry fees and spending is apparently the primary
funding.

In all seriousness Julian, consider running the November vintage event at
COTA with your FA. I believe they will be pretty flexible this year and
permit non-cosworth powered FAs.   Last year was my first time driving the
track and picked it up pretty quickly on the Thursday practice day. I
suspect you will the lines quickly and be competitive.

Some of us camp at the track, others not, but a good time.

JT

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 2:48 PM Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

> All the media press was on the Shadow flip, I receive feed from a number
> of racing news sites and still haven't seen anything on the F5000 crash,
> but it sounds as though that was the far worse event of the weekend.
>
> Great to hear that you are all venturing out to some of the great tracks
> and events, I must make more of an effort!
>
> Julian
> ------------------------------

-------------- next part --------------
   Rob and I were real ambitiousA having registered for the event at
   Watkins Glen two weeks previous.A  Unfortunately the New York
   quarantine squashedA that experience.A
   I was told RA makes an effort to downplay incident reports.A  While it
   may be a draw for the spectators, it discourages racers from bringing
   out the race cars.A  And our entry fees and spending is apparently the
   primary funding.
   In all seriousness Julian, consider running the November vintage event
   at COTA with your FA. I believe they will be pretty flexible this year
   and permit non-cosworth powered FAs.A  A Last year was my first time

   On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 2:48 PM Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>