[DeTomaso] One-car Fun Rally

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:15:36 EDT 2020

What a great day day Mike and Lori.  Happy Anniversary!

JT

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 3:08 PM Jeff Detrich <jjdetrich at gmail.com> wrote:

>    If we were more destination drivenA we would be looking at 650 some
>    miles across the empty,flat expanse of Texas toA go to the Fun Rally.
>    Fortunately, Chuck always takes out of the way forA a more exciting
>    back road driveA throughA the mountains.
>    jeff
>
>    On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 1:22 PM Mike Drew <[1]MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:
>
>      Jeff,
>      Yes 88 is a magnificent road. We take it each year regardless of
>      destination, even if itas hours in the wrong direction. We normally
>      take 88 to 89 to 395 south and thence to Vegas or Phoenix, or 88 to
>      395 north to Reno.
>      Miie
>      Sent from my iPad
>      > On Apr 25, 2020, at 11:01, Jeff Detrich <[2]jjdetrich at gmail.com>
>      wrote:
>      >
>      > i>>?A  A Just out of curiosity,A I brought Hwy 88 up on a google
>      map, Lots of
>      >A  A twists and turns, elevation changes and all sorts of other
>      fun. Must
>      >A  A have been fun. Seriously though, McDonalds was the best you
>      could do
>      >A  A for your anniversary!
>      >A  A Happy Anny to both of you.
>      >A  A Jeff - would have been in Phoenix with the other Midwest
>      Pantera
>      >A  A Squadron members if the Fun Rally was on
>      >A  A 6559
>      >
>      >A  A On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Tom Shinrock via DeTomaso
>      >A  A <[1][3]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>      >
>      >A  A  A AA  A Happy anniversary to you both!
>      >A  A  A AA  A I enjoyed reading the story of your drive.
>      >A  A  A AA  A Get me motivated to get mine out of winter storage.
>      >A  A  A AA  A -----Original Message-----
>      >A  A  A AA  A From: Mike Drew via DeTomaso
>      >A  A  A <[2][4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>      >A  A  A AA  A To: De Tomaso Forum
>      <[3][5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>      >A  A  A AA  A Sent: Sat, Apr 25, 2020 12:00 pm
>      >A  A  A AA  A Subject: [DeTomaso] One-car Fun Rally
>      >A  A  A AA  A All,
>      >A  A  A AA  A Itas easy to forget that right now is when the POCA
>      Fun Rally
>      >A  A  A was
>      >A  A  A AA  A supposed to be happening. Lori and I got married
>      there in 2013
>      >A  A  A and each
>      >A  A  A AA  A year we celebrate our anniversary with you. This year
>      we were
>      >A  A  A shut out,
>      >A  A  A AA  A stuck with a stay-at-home order.
>      >A  A  A AA  A However our cars are considered an extension of our
>      homes. And
>      >A  A  A AA  A coincidentally, auto repair shops are allowed to stay
>      open and
>      >A  A  A do
>      >A  A  A AA  A business. A thought occurred to me ThursdayaLorias
> [...]
-------------- next part --------------
   What a great day day Mike and Lori.A  Happy Anniversary!
   JT

   On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 3:08 PM Jeff Detrich <[1]jjdetrich at gmail.com>
   wrote:

     A  A If we were more destination drivenA we would be looking at 650
     some
     A  A miles across the empty,flat expanse of Texas toA go to the Fun
     Rally.
     A  A Fortunately, Chuck always takes out of the way forA a more
     exciting
     A  A back road driveA throughA the mountains.
     A  A jeff
     A  A On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 1:22 PM Mike Drew