[DeTomaso] Electric anyone? Just say no....!

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:38:49 EDT 2020

.....if you can, that is.
Much as i hate to say this---
We may live to see the conversion of the global _marketplace_
("economy" is the term most often used but the word just ain't right)
from petro-based currency to carbon-based currency.  This means one
currency will be phased-out while the other is ushered in.  This will
probably happen by banks manhandling one currency in favor of the
other in order to transform global industry from the noisy, stinky,
clunky polluting kind to the squeaky clean, clear and quiet zippy
kind.
(And all digital, of course.  No more dirty, messy, virus-spreading,
counterfeit-prone, black market-enabling cash.)
In other words, you can keep using your oil-based currency and run
your fossil fuel motors but it'll cost ya.  The new "clean" dollars
(supposedly environmentally friendly) will be only spendable on items
approved by the banks as "sustainably produced and designed for low
CO2 emissions".
The banks will force the new currency into existence by using low
interest loans vs. high interest loans for non-sustainably built and
designed products.  Anyone saving or continuing to invest using
currencies as we now know them is going to see these currencies
gradually lose value as bankers locate them in their crosshairs.
Employees will be paid in the currency that corresponds to the type of
business they are employed by, dirty or clean.  An apple, sustainably
grown of course, because the banks own all the farms now, will cost
one clean dollar or, if you don't have any of those, three dirty
dollars.
Dirty and clean currencies/industries will operate side by side for a
while as they engage in an apparent "battle to the death", of course,
the mob fix is in with a predetermined "victor".  Every business will
have enough time to see that they must either jump on the green
bandwagon or perish.  That way, they will at least have a fighting
chance rather than just fold up.  (awww.....aren't the bankers sweet?
_Down on your luck are you?  Not to fear.....Here's a nice, shiny new
loan for you!  Just choose from our list here of acceptable
enterprises...._)
As "dirty" currencies lose purchasing power through market
manipulation (as well as fashionable non-use on the part of
consumers), the industries that run on them will start to disappear.
One day we will wake up and find we can't buy gasoline anymore.
Either that or it will cost $100 / gallon which is probably more
likely--  even bankers are going to want to run their old Bugattis at
Mille Miglia.
If all this sounds like an impossible, unconscionable, bully-racket
swindle, that's because it is.  But then, so is the whole existing
fiat currency/fractional reserve/master/slave/interminable loan/debt
racket and nobody squawks about that.  Sadly, we are infinitely
gullible and tragically easy to manipulate and the bankers know it:
It's 1933. Bankers: _ hey everyone!  give us all your gold! _ Our
grandparents:  _Okay!_  s_ounds good, here you go!_   I mean come on,
if we fell for that one, we will fall for anything.
If and/or when this marketplace conversion happens, it won't be long
before there are quite a few guys around doing electro-retrofitted
cars.  It will be a huge market and banks will be rolling out the
cheap cash.  No need to hunt down Caracticus Potts to convert your
car, the local repair shop will have a kit on their shelf
ready-made-to-order precisely for your car and install it for roughly
the same price as a custom-built high-performance V8.  The kit just
came off the truck yesterday delivered from a new start-up company
located in--  you guessed it:
China.
I just hope I die first.
 Sent using Hushmail
On 4/23/2020 at 6:45 PM, "Matt Wells"  wrote:All right let's juice up
this forum! Hope you are all doing as well as can
be expected. My mind tends to wander to unknown places lately...
I've been seeing a trend that's growing and that is converting ICE
cars to
electric.
Does anyone have any thoughts on converting a Pantera?
Stop reading now if you don't want to hear any more of this nonsense.

Still here? Then here's some of my thoughts.
Has it been done yet? I'd be surprised if somebody has not yet
attempted
it. If not it will surely be done at some point in the future.
I know what you're thinking. Sacrilege!
The very heart of the Pantera is that loud and proud rumbly V8 planted
squarely in the middle.
That's the way it was designed and that is what gives it that muscle
car
heritage combined with sexy aggressive Italian styling.
The confluence of the two makes the car uniquely different and
desirable.
It's heritage is firmly embedded in automotive history never to be
repeated.
HOWEVER!
I know it could be done with components available today for a
"reasonable"
cost which is going to become even cheaper in the immediate future.
Which company or vendor will be the first to change with the times and
offer an electric conversion kit?
Who will have the title of owning the worlds first electric powered
Pantera?
The benefits of electric power in cars are well documented. The
negatives
of ICE as well. Maintenance,gas,oils,and exhaust emissions would all
be
virtually eliminated.
I also understand electric power does not grow on trees and it's
sources
and means of production are questionable and need to be improved upon.
But
that's another discussion.

My only experience,besides a golf cart, of actually driving an
electric car
was a go kart and it was, well in a word, awesome!
The feeling of instant torque was so different than anything I'd
experienced before and I liked it.
What if there was a way to convert to electric with the ability to go
back
to the ICE in the future if so desired?
That would be ideal but more challenging. It would also attract more
conversions and probably be more widely accepted by the gearhead
community.
If it meant no going back could I live with the decision?
There of course would be obstacles to overcome and limited range is
always
an issue with batteries.
When a stock body Pantera is altered to reflect the owners taste I
usually
cringe.
If the change is on the inside I usually don't have an issue, as long
as it
works better and retains the original body lines.
There's always going to be pro's and con's with either power plant.

I'd have to wire up some speakers to mimic the missing V8 rumble!
How would I set off car alarms?
Heck maybe I wouldn't miss it and could converse quietly while
listening to
smooth jazz as I silently carve the canyon roads on my way to the
nearest
charging station!
Flame suit and mask on,
Matt