[DeTomaso] Electric anyone?

Matt Wells nwpantera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:52:25 EDT 2020

Thanks for the info Garth.
I donated and entered the raffle for the Porsche. Heck someone has to win
it right? Might as well be me! Here's the link again if anyone wants to
donate and enter the raffle-
.https://www.omaze.com/products/zelectric-1968-porsche-911
I think they could have done a better job of hiding some visible components
but once I win the car I'll fix that!

Yes an electric Pcar would be an interesting project.  The concept is
simple but the execution is the unknown. I don't have the know how nor the
facility to tackle it so I would have to rely on the experts.
The Pantera would seem to have quite a bit of space for batteries and such
with all the unnecessary components removed. I'm thinking a bell housing
adapter would have to be crafted to utilize the existing transmission. The
two pod dash tach would be a perfect spot for the info gauge.
One show on the Motortrend channel called Vintage Voltage claims that by
utilizing the existing drivetrain it simplifies the conversion and reduces
cost.
Except for the funky gullwing door attempt the Ebay Batmobile would be the
perfect donor car!
If you're going to destroy the original lines you might as well go all the
way and modernize the power plant!
Matt

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 9:04 AM Garth Rodericks via DeTomaso <