[DeTomaso] oil leak

dennis617 at aol.com dennis617 at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 13:12:41 EDT 2020

If you have breathers on your valve covers, check to see if they are spitting out any oil at high rpms.
On Saturday, April 18, 2020 Steven Edwards1969Dart <gsedwards at cox.net> wrote:
  I swear that this car does not like me.

  Working on a Fontana block, C302 head engine. Built in the 90's

  I have a oil leak on the right side. It is dripping about were the
  motor mount is. Not coming from the valve cover, It looks like the head
  gasket, it is wet between the head and block..

  There is no oil from the oil pan gasket, the right motor mount has a
  lot of oil in it. Top side the deep area.

  This is confusing in that there is not oil passages near the exhaust
  side of the head. I have run the car at idle several times  after a
  good cleaning and have not seen anything really leaking, but find
  several oil spots on the floor the next day. Put my finger into the
  motor mount and there is oil in the mount.

  Any ideas as to what is happening?

  Steven Edwards