[DeTomaso] oil leak

Steven Edwards1969Dart gsedwards at cox.net
Sat Apr 18 11:20:11 EDT 2020

I swear that this car does not like me.
Working on a Fontana block, C302 head engine. Built in the 90’s
I have a oil leak on the right side. It is dripping about were the motor mount is. Not coming from the valve cover, It looks like the head gasket, it is wet between the head and block..
There is no oil from the oil pan gasket, the right motor mount has a lot of oil in it. Top side the deep area.
This is confusing in that there is not oil passages near the exhaust side of the head. I have run the car at idle several times  after a good cleaning and have not seen anything really leaking, but find several oil spots on the floor the next day. Put my finger into the motor mount and there is oil in the mount.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

Steven Edwards