[DeTomaso] campys

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 11:12:11 EDT 2020

Great point Julian! There are just too many mismatched sets on people's cars to indicate otherwise. And we all know the quality control that DeTomaso is known for.MarshallSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com> Date: 4/17/20  6:54 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com>, Scott Couchman <scottcouchman at yahoo.com> Cc: DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] campys With such subtle differences what's the chance many of these car actually left the factory with mismatched wheels? Realistically how many owners would switch out wheels or have another set or different spare to mix up?If that is the case should one just accept this as another small idiosyncrasy of the Pantera and live with it, the car is only original once!Julian________________________________From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> on behalf of Scott Couchman via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:08 PMTo: Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com>Cc: DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com <DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] campysMike is so right. My car had three wheels that matched and one didn’t. I was sure I knew what wheel to buy so they would all match. I bought a fifth wheel and when I got it home realized it doesn’t match any of my existing wheels. Look very closely, the differences can be subtle....and for me, confusing. Mike wrote a great reference article that explains the differences, and Jack DeRyke had a great article in this month’s newsletter on the 10”campy. Thanks to both of you!> On Apr 16, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:>> Bob,>> What kind of Campagnolo wheels? Remember there were four different styles of two-slot wheels between 1971-74, plus one-slot wheels, and ultra rare three-slot wheels only used on prototypes.>> I just worked on a Jan ‘72 car today that had three 1973 L-model wheels and a 1972 late Pre-L wheel. Lots of people have mismatched wheels and don’t even realize it (this guy owned the car 29 years and had never noticed).>> So. Details please, including good pics of all four wheels. If it’s a genuine set, rather than four mismatched wheels, that’s obviously better. Values have been going up in recent years as people are finally realizing the benefits of stock wheels and returning cars to stock appearance.>> Miie>> Sent from my iPad>>> On Apr 16, 2020, at 12:30, Robert Levitt via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:>>>>    Would like to sell original set of CAMPYS .>>  Anyone interested ?>>  Contact>>  Bob>> _______________________________________________>>>>>> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA>> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes>> DeTomaso mailing list>> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>>>> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.>>>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.>> _______________________________________________>>> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------

   ________________________________
   Mike is so right. My car had three wheels that matched and one didn't.
   I was sure I knew what wheel to buy so they would all match. I bought a
   fifth wheel and when I got it home realized it doesn't match any of my
   existing wheels. Look very closely, the differences can be
   subtle....and for me, confusing. Mike wrote a great reference article
   that explains the differences, and Jack DeRyke had a great article in
   this month's newsletter on the 10"campy. Thanks to both of you!
   > On Apr 16, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso
   <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   > Bob,
   >
   > What kind of Campagnolo wheels? Remember there were four different
   styles of two-slot wheels between 1971-74, plus one-slot wheels, and
   ultra rare three-slot wheels only used on prototypes.

   > I just worked on a Jan `72 car today that had three 1973 L-model
   wheels and a 1972 late Pre-L wheel. Lots of people have mismatched
   wheels and don't even realize it (this guy owned the car 29 years and
   had never noticed).

   > So. Details please, including good pics of all four wheels. If it's a
   genuine set, rather than four mismatched wheels, that's obviously
   better. Values have been going up in recent years as people are finally
   realizing the benefits of stock wheels and returning cars to stock
   appearance.

   > Miie
   >
   > Sent from my iPad
   >
   >> On Apr 16, 2020, at 12:30, Robert Levitt via DeTomaso
   <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   >>    Would like to sell original set of CAMPYS .
   >>  Anyone interested ?
   >>  Contact
   >>  Bob
   >>
   >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.) use the links above.

   >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward

   use the links above.