[DeTomaso] slop in steering slip shaft?

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Thu Apr 16 14:38:30 EDT 2020

There is an article on Pantera Place on a minor modification to compress the slip shaft.

You use 1 (or 2, or 3) 1" ID Split collars, these get a set screw in each side.

I did it to my car, but I found the little bit of slop is not in the slip shaft, so I am planning on removing the collars and set screws, and replacing the U-Joint.

Email me direct if you want to buy some collars - I bought about 6, and only used 2.

It's a pretty simple mod - but you are modifying a safety component of your car.

Regards -

Chuck Huber