[DeTomaso] slop in steering slip shaft?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:04:16 EDT 2020

That's a great tip Mike, I put that one in the archives, it is hard to be sure the tack welds would break free in a major frontal shunt. You can also beat the slip joints back into submission with a welding torch and BFH.

The bushing at the bottom of the column is also often a culprit in sloppy steering and an oilite bronze replacement is available from most of the vendors.

Julian