[DeTomaso] slop in steering slip shaft?

Steven Edwards1969Dart gsedwards at cox.net
Thu Apr 16 09:05:31 EDT 2020

What has people done to take out the slop in the steering shaft slip joint?
I have a 72 that the owner does not like to slop, the steering wheel moves back and forth in the middle, straight ahead position. The slip shaft has a lot of play, looks like thru the years the shaft has opened up the larger shaft.
I am wondering if you can drill a thru hole (like a ¼”) and put a bolt thru it. Or is there anything else that you have done?

Steven Edwards