[DeTomaso] How to TIG/braze brass??

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 23:08:04 EDT 2020

Julian,

The early cars used a metal panel, upholstered in Naugahyde and then wrapped with the chrome trim Larry is using. The later cars were dramatically cheapened and the panel was made of flash-chromed plastic with the center painted black. There was no actual trim.

I agree with your suggestion though. It’s a much better idea to get modern, readily available and cheap chrome plastic trim and adapt it to the task at hand, which would deliver the desired result and preserve the somewhat precious original trim for those who might really need it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad