[DeTomaso] How to TIG/braze brass??

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 22:26:23 EDT 2020

Larry,

I think you are taking on a tough project, it's a small trim and whatever method you use to join it will be really difficult to keep the inside u channel clean and get a good bond, too much heat and the trim will likely deform. Your best bet is to find an old craftsman, maybe a jeweler / watchmaker?

The horizontal gauge panel you have looks to be the same dimension as the oem console, I believe each side is a mirror image, in which case you could you just use two stock pieces (with the panel fold top piece straightened out) and live with a join at the center top and bottom?

I think later trim was actually a plastic chrome? So, what about some of the u shaped plastic chrome trims available many of the smaller sizes are quite workable into compound shapes.

Julian