[DeTomaso] [EXTERNAL] Re: The 6328 Resto Files - Thar Be Bondo!!

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:05:28 EDT 2020

Same for me but there was a good layer of leading in all the right places.
Mike, are you going to use doublers to better anchor the corners, sail
panel, and front windshield pillars? Do people even worry about that
anymore?

Jeff
6559

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 3:24 PM Himes, Terry (US 397C) via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   Same for me but there was a good layer of leading in all the right
   places. Mike, are you going to use doublers to better anchor the
   corners, sail panel, and front windshield pillars? Do people even worry
   about that anymore?
   Jeff
   6559

   On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 3:24 PM Himes, Terry (US 397C) via DeTomaso

     Mine also.A  Sanded down to the metal.A  The rockers were replaced
     but every other inch was true, straight and smooth.
     No bondo.
     A stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
     Terry W. Himes
     JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
     Deep Space Exploration a Mission Operations
     Dawn Spacecraft Team
     Europa Lander Science Support Team
     TGO Sequence Lead
     MEX Sequence Lead
     Odyssey Sequence Team
     Spitzer Space Telescope Data Team
     Phone: (818) 393-6261
     Cell:A  A  A (818) 653-8213
     [2]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
     i>>?On 4/11/20, 9:34 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via
     DeTomaso" <[3]detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of
     [4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
     A  A  Garth Rodericks just got his Pantera back after it was hit in
     a parking lot. He had it fully repainted. Even with way over 100k
     miles, that car was completely straight with no filler.
     A  A  I have flipped two Panteras in my life. Not crashed them, just
     bought and sold them quickly. One had been sitting in an open shed
     since 1987 (barn car, #3903 in the registry) and the other was owned
     by a fellow who didnat have room for it in his garage and stored it
     outside under a cover much of the time. Both of those cars were
     fully restored afterwards, and both had absolute zero rust, and not
     a speck of bondo when they were stripped to bare metal.
     A  A  These cars were good when they were new. Some led a bit of a
     life and were subjected to repairs like Mike Thomasa car, or were
     subjected to a LOT of repairs like mine before I got it. A mythology
     has arisen that these cars were built with a lot of filler, but that
     just isnat true. Yes, there was leading, but not bondo.
     A  A  Mike
     A  A  Sent from my iPad
     A  A  > On Apr 11, 2020, at 09:04, Christopher Kimball