[DeTomaso] Mangusta on Chasing Classic Cars tonight

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 10:32:05 EDT 2020

Tom,

There sure appeared to be a lot of stumbling around blindly, didn't there?  All the info they sought is readily available if they just contacted the right people.

I’m not one of those people, necessarily, but I easily could have put them in touch with the people who could have answered all their questions and kept them from making any missteps.  As it is, they seemed to do a very good job and respected the design, although they did go a bit far with the detailing of the underside, and a bit of flash and pop in the engine bay.

I’m glad they avoided any Kustom Kar ‘enhancements’ apart from polishing the wheels. When they corrode and look like crap in a few months hopefully they will paint them.

The car looks far better than new, but I’m sure the owner is quite happy with it and it’s a worthy example of the model. I hope he enjoys driving it!

Mike

Sent from my iPad