[DeTomaso] Charlie’s clutch

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 20:00:07 EDT 2020

Because it requires expensive (in Spain) machine work to redrill the flywheel. If they get it even a bit wrong the car will shake like a wet dog.

Or, the purchase of a $600 Centerforce aluminum flywheel.  I don’t know if they offer an iron version or not.

The fact that they sell a clutch that requires so much extra cost and/or effort because they can’t be bothered to make it correctly, rules them out IMHO.  Their clutch itself is quite good (although the whole weights thing is a total BS gimmick they came up with to circumvent McLeod’s patent on their diaphragm clutch) and if I had one in a car I certainly would feel perfectly fine with it.

But I would never convert a car to use it, if I could help it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad