[DeTomaso] DRIVEN

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:53:01 EDT 2020

David,

On the later 9000 series (Embo chassis) cars the wipers were switched back to park on the drivers side.

I thought at one point in the show it appeared they had re-shod the wheels with new Pirelli rubber, but I may have been mistaken.

Whilst on the subject of car shows, yesterday I picked up a deal where a one year subscription to MotorTrend channel was $25 (ad fee) or $12 if you were prepared to sit through the commercials. It has added greatly to my lock down viewing options.

Julian

I wonder if Hollywood also had something to do with the car being taken onto the track with 35 year old tires?

With those old Banks carbureted turbo setups, the plenum below the carb was connected to the air inlets on the turbos.

Did anyone notice the windshield wipers parked on the driver’s side of the windshield? I thought the wipers were changed to passenger side parking in mid or late ‘74?

   use the links above.