[DeTomaso] COVID Project

Matt Wells nwpantera at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:27:11 EDT 2020

Besides allowing the passenger seat to move all the way back, the bulkhead
reduction kit also gives you easy access to the front of the engine.
I used to have to remove the seat first, then the seatbelts, then the
entire firewall. A real hassle.
Now everything stays in place except the steel plate cover which takes
about 30 seconds. I say money well spent.

-------------- next part --------------
   Besides allowing the passenger seat to move all the way back, the
   bulkhead reduction kit also gives you easy access to the front of the
   engine.
   I used to have to remove the seat first, then the seatbelts, then the
   entire firewall. A real hassle.
   Now everything stays in place except the steel plate cover which takes
   about 30 seconds. I say money well spent.

     Actually, I just had the upholstery guys modify the back of the seat
     so it
     curves around the hump.A  It does in fact go all the way back.A  I
     sort of
     figured $100 worth of welding trumped what, a couple thou for a
     bulkhead
     kit?
     Stephen Nelson
     Back in mid-February I pulled the interior out and took it in to
     have it
     reupholstered in grey leather.A  The shop also replaced the carpet.
     Naturally the 2 week job turned into 4, but it was finally ready to
     come
     home.A  Just in time to be my project while "sheltering in place".A
     I have to
     admit I was amazed at how many truly dumb things an upholstery shop
     can do,
     but, with lots of patience and contact adhesive (not to mention the
     new
     bushings a friend printed up for me to replace the ones on the seats
     that
     they trashed), it is coming together.A  In fact, I sort of had to
     shoot a
     couple of shots and share - I think it is looking really good!A
     Check it
     out:
     [8]https://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Autos/1973-Pantera-Det
     omaso-5332/
     i-JTVCpV5
     Stephen Nelson
     Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA Posted emails must not
     exceed 1.5
     Megabytes DeTomaso mailing list [9]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     etc.) use
     the links above.
     any
     list.
     They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or
     approve
     the archiving of list messages.
     etc.) use the links above.