[DeTomaso] Wheels On Mars NPC

Himes, Terry (US 397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 3 21:06:32 EDT 2020

Just in case some of you are bored wheel guys…

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=7631&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nasajpl&utm_content=daily-20200403-1

And my favorite project:
https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/

And.. I just started working on the Europa Lander:  (concept)
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/europa-lander/

The Europa Clipper (Orbiter) is under development;
https://www.nasa.gov/europa

If you are image junkies, here is where we (JPL) stores Terabytes of images
from all our missions. Pick a planet, small body or universe;
https://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html

OBTW – Voyager 2 just passed into Interstellar space. Voyager 1 did it 6 years ago.
Voyager 1 went into the northern hemisphere and Voyager 2 has gone into the south.
It takes 19 hours, traveling at the speed-of-light to get data back.
https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

The Voyagers project has only 4 people working on it. Every year their budget gets
cut more. I donate everything I can (hardware, software) to them to keep their GDS
flight operational.

Enjoy if you’re stuck at home and bored.

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Space Exploration – Mission Operations

Dawn Spacecraft Team
Europa Lander Science Support Team
TGO Sequence Lead
MEX Sequence Lead