[DeTomaso] Why both?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:57:47 EDT 2019

This isn't uncommon on trucks where the supercharger manages low end
boost and the turbochargers kick in at higher exhaust velocities for
MOAR boost.

But turbos are so efficient now especially with staged setups it
doesn't make a lot of sense on a passenger car except it looks very
interesting and fun!  Those turbos look big (following the theme of
"everything big is big so more big would be big!") so the supercharger
could help with low end grunt at 8lbs of boost while the turbos spun
up for 20+lbs of boost.  The secret sauce of keeping the engine from
blowing up is a fair question.

sean

--
Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com http://spkorb.org (est 1994)