[DeTomaso] [Detomaso]Holley Sniper fuel inkjection

theemonkey theemonkey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 19:50:03 EDT 2019

It has an Edelbrock Performer rpm with a 1 inch open plenum spacer.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Henrik Svensson <henrik.svensson at intelligo.se> Date: 10/17/19  6:30 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: richard boschert <theemonkey at yahoo.com> Cc: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] [Detomaso]Holley Sniper fuel inkjection Hi,Did you use an Edelbrock performance intake or did you change to a Holley?CheersHenrik#1477-----Original Message-----From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> On Behalf Of richard boschert via DeTomasoSent: den 7 oktober 2019 20:53To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com New/non Poca List <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] [Detomaso]Holley Sniper fuel inkjectionWe  just installed a Holley Sniper on a friends 1956 Chevy Hot Rod Pickup with a 383 ci. small block with a 700r4 overdrive automatic transmission,two weeks ago.We went with the whole conversion.The Sniper injection,fuel system and holley sniper distributor so we could control the timing with the sniper computer.It took two days to install as we did a few things differently than what came in the kit.He previously had an Edelbrock 600 cfm carburetor and a chevy HEI distributor.So far it is working amazingly well.He says if he didn't know better, we changed his the engine in his truck to a larger one.It has significantly more power and runs smoother.Much better cold drive-ability,and part throttle response.I believe most of the improvement was because his old distributor did not have the correct timing curve and the carburetor was too small.There are a few things we did differently versus what the instructions say.We welded in an oxygen sensor bung versus the drilled and clamped on bung that comes with the sniper.We also used 3/8 copper-nickle tubing for most of the fuel system versus the push-lok rubber hose that comes with the sniper.I only used the push-lok hose in a few places for vibration or movement.I used it at the throttle body ,between the fuel tank and fuel pump and filters.There are a few things to know when doing the Sniper conversion.There is a lot more wiring than it looks like in the sales pictures.A lot of it is not used as it is a universal system so it has wiring for several different ignition types.Most injection systems DO NOT like magnetic pickup distributors.That is one of the reasons we got the Holley sniper distributor as it is a Hall effect,and it plugs right in.We also shielded the trigger wire, as on the chevy engines the distributor is at the rear,which is also where the wiring comes out of the throttle body and we did not want any problems.Also inspect everything when you first receive it before starting the conversion.We did not receive the clear distributor rotor cover used when locking the timing.A quick phone call to Summit Racing where we purchased the Sniper got a new sent to us in less than a week.It went so well installing the sniper on his truck i plan on installing the same Sniper system on a few of my cars,including my Pantera which has a 650 hp 427 stroker in it.Richard #5919