[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Saturday, October 12, 2019

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 12 05:34:43 EDT 2019

Guys,

Very nice post-Ford Euro GTS here:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25565/lot/40/

It was sold new in France but spent a lot of time in Chicago. I brokered its sale back to France a few years ago. At the time it was solid, but looked really dirty and scruffy. I couldn’t get away to inspect it so Guy Trigaux did the inspection instead, and reported that it was in excellent shape despite its appearance. It was completely stock complete with very weak standard low compression motor, and had some minor mechanical needs due to years of benign neglect.

It sold for a fair bit more than I thought it was worth at the time. Now, it almost sold again, but not quite. The website indicates ‘sale pending’ so a deal is likely being done.  I think the high bid should have easily bought the car, so it apparently continues to bring more money than it is objectively worth—good for the seller!

Mike

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

-------------- next part --------------

   [1]https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25565/lot/40/

[...]

   Hammer Price : Auction Results In Real Time
   Portfolio Report Saturday, October 12, 2019
   Pantera
   1.
   1979 DeTomaso High Bid $126,683 USD
   Pantera GTS EST. PRICE $132.19K-$176.25K USD
   EXTERIOR Black
   Bonhams
   INTERIOR Black/Black Velour
   Lot 40    Zoute
   ODOMETER 27201 km
   CHASSIS N-o THPNUD09137
   October 11, 2019    1:17PM (EST)
   De Tomaso
   1.
   1979 DeTomaso High Bid $126,683 USD
   Pantera GTS EST. PRICE $132.19K-$176.25K USD
   EXTERIOR Black
   Bonhams
   INTERIOR Black/Black Velour
   Lot 40    Zoute
   ODOMETER 27201 km
   CHASSIS N-o THPNUD09137
   October 11, 2019    1:17PM (EST)
   Too much mail? Adjust your Hammer Price notification preferences in the
   app using Settings.
   (c) 2019 Live Auction Results, LLC