[DeTomaso] Anyone mounted SiriusXM antenna?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 11:09:21 EST 2019

My truck antenna is a magnetic unit mounted on passenger side roof and the small diameter cable feeds through the windshield gasket. It was on the truck when I got it so assume it's a Ford installation and functions for both the navigation and satellite radio. A quick web search and it looked like Sirius do a very similar looking magnetic unit;

https://www.amazon.com/XM-Interoperable-Magnetic-Satellite-Antenna/dp/B01H5D0I1A/ref=asc_df_B01H5D0I1A/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309807586683&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16376205601994987219&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030906&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-570357881701&psc=1

I see no reason it wouldn't work inside the cabin, it's basically the same as any portable navigation system and just needs line of sight to the satellite. With the rake of a Pantera windshield you should be able to mount it to get a clean view of the sky.

I have heard of at least one satellite receiver/antenna mounted in the wiper grille trough for concealment as well.

Julian
________________________________
Standard installation location for a SiriusXM antenna is always centered at the front or rear of the vehicle’s roof.

Does anyone have experience in installing an antenna on the roof or how about anyone successfully keeping the antenna inside the cabin?

Larry

   [1]https://www.amazon.com/XM-Interoperable-Magnetic-Satellite-Antenna/d
   p/B01H5D0I1A/ref=asc_df_B01H5D0I1A/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=3
   09807586683&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16376205601994987219&hvpone=&hvpt
   wo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030906&hvtargid=aud-80
   1381245258:pla-570357881701&psc=1

   I see no reason it wouldn't work inside the cabin, it's basically the
   same as any portable navigation system and just needs line of sight to
   the satellite. With the rake of a Pantera windshield you should be able
   to mount it to get a clean view of the sky.

   I have heard of at least one satellite receiver/antenna mounted in the
   wiper grille trough for concealment as well.

   Julian

   use the links above.