[DeTomaso] Alfa Romeo muffler isolators

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 18:39:31 EST 2019

All,

After my earlier post regarding the unbelievably stiff “rubber” muffler isolators, I took the list’s collective wisdom and ordered a set of the Alfa Romeo isolators from Centerline International in Colorado.

I now have those isolators and the ones I received from Steve and I offer these comparisons.

They are essentially the same width and the same thickness. The bolt holes are the same diameter.

However, the Alfa version center to center measurement (3.125”) for the mounting bolts is .75” greater than the mounts sold by Steve (2.375”).

As other owners have used these AR isolators and apparently found no issues with the larger center to center measurements, I guess they will serve the purpose.

QUESTION - can anyone provide the center to center measurement for an ORIGINAL muffler hanger?

And as for the flexibility issue?

The Centerline International AR isolators ... definitely ... have the flexibility I expect from a muffler hanger.

:-)

My 2¢

Larry