[DeTomaso] Nicely done video on the Pantera - Youtube

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:44:10 EST 2019

Hi Pat
Some clutches are very hard. remember that they changed the design of the
clutch mechanism around 1972 or so to reduce the amount of force required.
My old '72 had a really, really hard clutch when I bought it. I replaced
the clutch with another style (3-finger to diaphragm?) and it transformed
the feeling completely. It went from almost needing both legs to activate
it to almost feeling like a Honda. Not quite, but almost.

So to answer the question, yes there are clutches that are brutal but that
can be fixed.

I would also think that spongy brakes could be fixed if that's a problem.
And I also agree - driving especially a wide-body Pantera in the rain is a
really uncomfortable thing for me and something that I really don't enjoy.
And I know people first-hand who have hydroplaned at low speed in a
wide-body car and wrecked..