[DeTomaso] Tom Tjaarda Scholarship Fund (via Dave & Linda Adler)

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Wed May 29 01:55:22 EDT 2019

Sharing info. on Mrs. Tjaarda's aim to establish the Tom Tjaarda Scholarship Fund and reach $10,000 scholarship for a worthy design student.  Thus far, generous contributions have hit nearly 3,000.  Dave and Linda would like to spread the word and let all those aware and those who are interested in being a part of Tom's legacy the ability to participate. Donations are accepted in any amount, and can be publicized or anonymous; whatever you are able.  Tom's wife, Paola, is reaching out to all who loved Tom, especially to Pantera Owners, to donate in honor of Tom.. details below.   If you'd like to join in, please go to DeTomaso International Facebook page for the link to donate or visit website (Website: https://www.ied.it/ )  Many of our Worldwide members have already shown their gratitude to Tom and their generosity for this worthy cause. The presentation of this scholarship Award goes to the gifted student selected on June 20th.  If interested, it seems timing is of the essence.
 Share  Tweet  32 shares
Attention all Tom Tjaarda and Pantera Enthusiasts!

Mrs. Paola Tjaarda, Tom Tjaarda's wife, has asked DeTomaso International and the DeTomaso Community, to participate in establishing a scholarship at the prestigious I.E.D. School of Design in Torino, Italy. The scholarship would be in Tom Tjaarda's beloved name and would be presented to an outstanding design student on June 20, 2019 in Torino, Italy. (Website: https://www.ied.it/ )
The winning student will be selected by a formal Jury at the institution.

Mrs. Tjaarda is not able to fund the scholarship herself and has asked us to spearhead a campaign to raise at least 2,000 Euros or more.

We are original Pantera owners. We have had the good fortune to meet with Tom and Paola over the years. Although he designed many important automobiles, the Pantera was his favorite. Just look how this amazing car has touched all of our lives. Tom loved how passionate Pantera owners are about the car and how much pleasure the Pantera gave to so many.

Tom touched so many or our lives when he visited the US and spoke at events or signed autographs and sun visors, dashboards and more for us. When the DeTomaso Factory did not represent the marque in the US, Tom was there to be what we called, "the face of DeTomaso". He spoke so well at many Concours, conventions and universities about his experience with A. DeTomaso and the development of the Pantera, Longchamp and Deauville.

If you ever met the gentleman, you would know exactly what we are talking about. He was an inspiration. Humble, intelligent and a person of great integrity and creativity. Even when Tom was critically ill, he would help when called upon to teach and inform the Pantera enthusiast.

Please, let us honor Tom in this small way and help an outstanding automobile design student follow in Tom's footsteps. On behalf of Mrs. Tjaarda, we thank you for your contributions. Time is running short to raise these funds. Kindly donate what you are able to now. All funds raised less any Gofundme expenses will be donated to the scholarship fund in Tom Tjaarda's good name.
Respectfully,Dave and Linda Adler