[DeTomaso] Replacement for lid shocks

jgmaloney at roadrunner.com jgmaloney at roadrunner.com
Thu May 23 22:11:16 EDT 2019

Wayne,
I did a study of rear deck lid struts in 2015 that can be found at:
 http://ocpanteras.com/tech_zone/RearDeckStrutStudy.html
The Sacks struts for the Dodge/Plymouth Hatchback 1978-87 are low cost
but deliver too much force and can damage the deck lid and every thing
connected to each end of the strut.
My study concludes that the struts from Pantera Parts Connection
(Larry Stock) and PI Motorsports (Jerry Sacket) are safe and function
properly. The PPC struts are based on gas pressure technology. The
struts from PIM are based on compression spring technology.
Regards,
John MaloneyOC Panteras Secretary__