[DeTomaso] Rear Suspension Clevis Mount Needed

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 22 19:18:42 EDT 2019

All,

Few people know there were actually two different styles of this piece. This is an undocumented change, as there is only a single part number.

The early cars used yokes that were formed in two pieces. There was a U-shaped forging, with a hole drilled through the center, and a threaded bar that was inserted into the hole and welded.

The later cars used a one-piece yoke that was completely forged, then machined. It was obviously much stronger.

I only learned of this when a PCNC member had one of his yokes revert to two-piece configuration while he was backing out of his friend's driveway, and his rear suspension fell off!  He had parted out a 5000-series car and left much of it at my house, so I was able to provide him with replacement later-style yokes.

I have his undamaged early ones and would happily sell one to you. But if I was in your position I would seek a later one if at all possible.

I doubt any Pantera vendors even know there is a difference (I only spoke to two of them about it and neither of them knew) so they will have to inspect their stock closely to ensure you get a later one, as they likely all will have them all mixed together in a single bin.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone