[DeTomaso] Alignment Specs

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Mon May 20 10:39:39 EDT 2019

I captured these alignment specs from Bill Taylor’s Gearhead Database by way
of Mike Dailey’s website.  Assuming they may be numbers for an original car
with the stock dimension tires, would there would be any significant changes
for setting the alignment on a car with wider wheels/tires?  I know I need
to get as much castor as possible, but note that these specs do call for a
0.4 degree difference left to right – what is the reasoning there?

With the wider wheels front and rear, would the toe need to be any
different?  Thanks in advance.  Have an alignment at 9:00 this morning so
need to hear back soon.  Also, would the negative camber in the rear be
based on the ‘stock’ cars that had to be raised ¾” in the rear, thus needing
to compensate for compression and change of angle of the upper control arms?

>From the Gearhead Database:

Pantera alignment specs

Front:

Camber: L 0.5 deg R 0.5 deg