[DeTomaso] Straps for trailer // tongue weight?

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 20:03:11 EDT 2019

Thanks for the information.

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )

    On Sunday, May 19, 2019, 11:44:26 AM CDT, marshallgsmith <marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 Definitely not a dumb question! Getting ready to go on a camping trip when I was a kid, I coaxed my dad into throwing my mini bike in our camping trailer. Unfortunately, that made the tongue weight too light and the trailer acquired a mind of its own with the tail end wanting to pass the front end. We had been on the freeway for a couple hundred yards when the trailer started swaying and then actually passed our station wagon  pulling the car sideways before my dad realized what was happening and hit the trailer brakes which straightened us out instantly! Very, very scary!
Always make sure you have at least 10% of your gross weight as tongue weight.
Happy Sunday everyone.

-------- Original message --------From: B Hower via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Date: 5/19/19 6:32 AM (GMT-08:00) To: "'Byrne, Edmund (FieldCore)'" <Edmund.Byrne1 at ge.com>, detomaso at server.detomasolist.com, The DeTomaso Registry Guy <detomasoregistry at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Straps for trailer // tongue weight?
A dumb question:

So what is the correct tongue weight minimum for towing car on trailer?

Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may not be ! )