[DeTomaso] Headliner

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Sun May 19 11:34:54 EDT 2019

After my headliner came down on my head with the windows open on the freeway
(very frightening!), I went it home and removed it completely.  I took just
the headliner to an upholstery shop where they told me to go home and try to
scrub all the old foam off the back.   If the original thin foam layer has
deteriorated enough to be flaking everywhere like mine had, you'll be able
to scrub it off and reuse the vinyl.  You can also clean the other side of
the vinyl to make it look nearly brand new.  I took it back to the
upholstery shop where they put a new foam layer on my old vinyl (they're a
good source for the very thin foam).  Then I went  home and used the 3M
headliner adhesive (as Sean suggests) to reinstall the refurbished
headliner.  It has worked and looked great for some 15 years now.

Doug Braun
Blue 73L #5505

---
https://www.avg.com