[DeTomaso] Panteras take a beating in Indy

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 19 02:37:53 EDT 2019

Guys,

It was a buyer’s bonanza in Indianapolis as expensive Panteras with some easily corrected oddball features were practically given away.

An original 1982 GT5 seemingly in very good condition with an unusual blue and red stripe scheme (from new I believe) sold for only $41k!!!

Even if you hate the paint, it would be a simple matter to scuff, shoot and buff the thing all white, at which point it’s at least a $100k car.

Similarly, the other GT5 was let down by the goofy Hall wheels. Swap the tires onto a set of Marvic wheels and it’s $110-120k at least.

Lessons learned including not trying to sell high-dollar Panteras in a musclecar auction!

Mike

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: